Sunday, January 27, 2008

Red Tailed Hawk and Great Horned Owl

It was a big day in the back yard!

I thought the Northern Harrier was back, but it was actually a Red Tailed Hawk! I was able to get a second chance to practice focusing when taking in-flight bird photos. While I didn't get any good shots of the hawk's underside, my focus was much better than yesterday's attempts. I cannot help but marvel at this bird. It's so amazing to watch!

Red Tailed Hawk

Red Tailed Hawk

Then came the big surprise: A Great Horned Owl! I've never seen an owl in the wild before, and to have one visit my own back yard - I was beside myself! It stayed for a good hour, and I was able to get a bunch of photos with the Rebel, as well as digiscope a few with the point-n-shoot.

Great Horned Owl

Great Horned Owl

No comments: