Saturday, December 15, 2007

A for Effort

The Northern Cardinal was back today, and he was quite a bit more bold than in previous visits. He hung out in the yard for most of the afternoon, spending most of his time working on the hanging fruit/nut/seed bell in the tree. He likes to hide deeper in the tree and down in the brush, but I was able to snap a few shots of his acrobatic attempts to grab seeds off of what's left of the bell.

The forecast is calling for 6+ inches of snow tonight, and I can tell it's coming by the hordes of birds that have been at the feeders all day. Dusk will be upon us soon, so I hope the birds got enough to eat for the night.

Got a bite

cardinal_etc-14.jpg

I'm an acrobatic one!

Determination

Hanging out, having some seed

I think I can! I think I can!

No comments: